[NTG-context] howto start with presentations?

Jonas Stein news at jonasstein.de
Mon Jan 10 01:27:02 CET 2011

>> I put \runMPgraphicsfalse in the first line of test.tex.
>> That changed nothing.
>
> Do you have the metapost executable and format. Does a minimal metapost
> file work.

i think i have metapost installed:

# whereis mpost
mpost: /usr/bin/mpost /usr/share/man/man1/mpost.1.gz

>> Hans response on the mailing list
>> write 18 is a hack and pdfshellescape a sane replacement
>> in luatex it will probably be gone completely since there we have
>> \directlua 0 { os.execute("...") }
>> """
>>
>> I wonder if write18 is necessary 5 years later.
>
> You need to use MkIV to get the new features :)

OK lets try. I have installed the package context 2010.07.30-1 [1]
on my system.

I tried
texexec --lua test.tex
and
context test.tex

but both generate no pdf.

they tell me:
====================
MTXrun | forcing cache reload
MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

[1] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/context

--
Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>