[NTG-context] External figures in section headings

Felix Ingram f.ingram.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:33:34 CET 2011

Hello all,

I need to have an image as part of my section headings. I've read
through an example in the "It's in the details" manual and came up
with the following example:

\definelayer[chapterstart][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
\definelayerpreset[lefttop][corner={left,top},location={right,bottom}]
\setlayer[chapterstart][preset=lefttop]{\externalfigure[hacker.jpg]}
\setuphead[chapter][before={\setupbackgrounds[page][background=chapterstart]}]
\starttext
\chapter{First chapter}
\chapter{Second chapter}
\stoptext

This works very well for the first chapter: the picture is inserted
behind the text as I want but nothing is inserted behind the second
chapter heading. I've been able to add extra details to the setuphead;
these are repeated but the picture is not.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? I get the same behaviour whether
I use version II or IV.

Many thanks in advance,

Felix