[NTG-context] Fwd: Re: xml-processing: missing or ungrouped '='

Achim Jander achim at jander.de
Sun Jan 9 12:05:57 CET 2011


Hi Thomas,
sorry, I dont want to bother you. But in fact that is not what I'm 
looking for. Maybe its my fault that I mixed a - as I thougt - related 
problem in my second mail.
What I try to do is reduce redundancy. I cannot see where my 
explanations differ. In fact, I started with something like your 
example. But from a redundancy point of view
thats a mess so I tried to improve it. I came to something like

\startxmlsetups xml:chapter
   \startchapter[
      title={\xmlatt{#1}{title}},
      number=\xmldoifelse{#1}{./attribute('num')}{yes}{no},
      ownnumber=\xmldoifelse{#1}{./attribute('num')}{\xmlatt{#1}{num}}{}
   ]
     \xmlflush{#1}
   \stopchapter
\stopxmlsetups

which works fine and at least in my eyes has a clearer structure, but 
still some redundancy. Now is the point where I think the 
misunderstandings started, because now I tried two different approaches to
decrease redundancy: First step i tried to simplyfy *this* setup and 
came to something like

\startxmlsetups xml:chapter
   \startchapter[
      title={\xmlatt{#1}{title}},
      
\xmldoifelse{#1}{./attribute('num')}{ownnumber=\xmlatt{#1}{num}}{number=no},
   ]
     \xmlflush{#1}
   \stopchapter
\stopxmlsetups

which would nicely eliminate every redundance but doesn't work and 
complains about the mystery "missing or ungrouped '='"
The other attempt was - though i have not only to deal with chapters but 
up to about 15 hierarchies, all structured in a similar way,
so I tried to delegate the processing like

\startxmlsetups xml:fillTitleAtts
      title={\xmlatt{#1}{title}},
      number=\xmldoifelse{#1}{./attribute('num')}{yes}{no},
      ownnumber=\xmldoifelse{#1}{./attribute('num')}{\xmlatt{#1}{num}}{}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:chapter
   \startchapter[
      \xmlcommand{#1}{.}{xml:fillTitleAtts}
   ]
     \xmlflush{#1}
   \stopchapter
\stopxmlsetups

which would be nicely reusable but that attempt failed whith the same 
error message - thus I thought they are related.
I have to mention, that I try not to process one file but to write 
setups for a bunch of similar but slightly different books (we're doing 
about 1000 books per year),
so my setups have to be clearly structured and easyly adaptable to 
different needs.

I dunno if that can clear up things, if not, I think its not worth much 
more discussion.

Thanks,
Achim


Am 08.01.2011 18:00, schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:
> On Jan 8, 2011, at 3:23 PM, Achim Jander wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>> yes, of course you are right, but thats not making the problems. Its switched in while making a "minimal" example.
>> My problem or maxbe misunderstanding ist what I try to achieve with
> Sorry, but I still don't have the faintest idea what it is you want to do. Your minimal example doesn't show it, and your explanations differ from one message to the next.
>
> In one of your mails, you said this:
>
>> If the title comes with an number-element  I want to set ownnumber=..., but if they have no numbers, I want to set number=no
> If this is what you're looking for, here's what I would suggest:
>
> \startbuffer[test]
> <a>
>   <chapter title="some text">
>     <b>more text</b>
>     <b>more text</b>
>   </chapter>
>   <chapter num="333" title="more text">
>     <b>more text</b>
>     <b>more text</b>
>   </chapter>
> </a>
> \stopbuffer
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:testsetups
>    \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{a|b|chapter}{xml:*}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \xmlregistersetup{xml:testsetups}
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:a
>    \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:b
>    \startparagraph
>    \xmlflush{#1}
>    \stopparagraph
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:chapter
>   \doifelse {\xmlatt{#1}{num}} {}
>   {\setuphead[chapter][number=no]
>    \startchapter[title={\xmlatt{#1}{title}}]
>      \xmlflush{#1}
>    \stopchapter}
>   {\setuphead[chapter][number=yes]
>    \setupheadnumber[chapter][\xmlatt{#1}{num}]
>    \startchapter[title={\xmlatt{#1}{title}}]
>      \xmlflush{#1}
>    \stopchapter}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \starttext
> \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
> \stoptext
>
> It's trivial to change the test from an attribute to a<num>  element>, but maybe that's not what you're looking for...
>
> Thomas
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>



More information about the ntg-context mailing list