[NTG-context] \lgroup in mkIV

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Jan 8 20:47:18 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 09:35:09PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 12:52:38PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Daniel Schopper wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >are the delimiters \lgroup and \rgroup supported in MkIV?
> > >This
> > >
> > >\starttext
> > >$$\bigg\lgroup\dots\bigg\rgroup$$
> > >\stoptext
> > >
> > >is ok in MkII (ConTeXt ver: 2011.01.06) but when compiled with
> > >MkIV (ConTeXt ver: 2010.07.30 11:35 and ver: 2010.07.30 11:35) the
> > >delimiters are not shown. (By the way, the same holds true for
> > >\rmoustache and \lmoustache.)
> >
> > >Am I missing something?
> >
> > No. The math mappings of virtual fonts are incomplete. The symbols
> > should work correctly with unicode math fonts like cambria, asana,
> > and xits. But, it appears that lgroup and rgroup are missing from
> > xits (Khaled?)
>
> There are, but context is looking for the wring character; it is looking
> for U+3014 (which I think is a CJK bracket and does not look like
> \lgroup either)

BTW, why luatex no longer prints the "missing character" messages in the
log? I was using it to find what characters context is looking for, also
now it is near impossible to know if the font is missing some needed
character without reviewing every word by eye since luatex (context?)
does not show a "missing character" glyph in such cases, or is there
some replacement I've missed?

Regards,
 Khaled

--