[NTG-context] \lgroup in mkIV

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Jan 8 18:52:38 CET 2011

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Daniel Schopper wrote:

> Hi,
> are the delimiters \lgroup and \rgroup supported in MkIV?
> This
>
> \starttext
> $$\bigg\lgroup\dots\bigg\rgroup$$
> \stoptext
>
> is ok in MkII (ConTeXt ver: 2011.01.06) but when compiled with MkIV (ConTeXt
> ver: 2010.07.30 11:35 and ver: 2010.07.30 11:35) the delimiters are not
> shown. (By the way, the same holds true for \rmoustache and \lmoustache.)

> Am I missing something?

No. The math mappings of virtual fonts are incomplete. The symbols should
work correctly with unicode math fonts like cambria, asana, and xits.
But, it appears that lgroup and rgroup are missing from xits (Khaled?) and
lmoustache and rmoustache are missing from asana! With Cambria there is
a bug with scaling:

\setupbodyfont[cambria]
\enabletrackers[math.analyzing]
\usemodule[fnt-25]

\starttext
\showmathfontcharacters[][0x23B0]
\showmathfontcharacters[][0x3014]
$$\bigg\lgroup\dots\bigg\rgroup$$
$$\left\lgroup\sum\right\rgroup$$
$$\lgroup\sum\rgroup$$

$$\bigg\lmoustache\dots\bigg\rmoustache$$
$$\left\lmoustache\sum\right\rmoustache$$
$$\lmoustache\sum\rmoustache$$
\stoptext

@Hans, Taco, and Mojca: Do you know why the delimiters are not scaling
properly?

Do you know how to add them to the LM virtual fonts? I tried, but could
not get a working solution. I can add the correct mappings to
large-to-small table in math-vfu. But adding the mappings for lgroup and
rgroup in tex-mr table, and adding lmoustache and rmoustache to tex-ex
table does not appear to work. Apply the attached diff file and see what
happens with the example above. I don't know how to proceed. BTW, where
are the math virtual fonts defined!? I could not find any use of
mathematics.makefont.

Aditya