[NTG-context] Passing and retrieveing a variable

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Fri Jan 7 09:32:59 CET 2011

Hello,

I created a testing file which tests existence and type of (tex|context|document).(modes|arguments|variables) by Lua - see the attachments.

It seems that:

- Modes are accessible by tex.modes[<a-mode>].

- - tex.modes are 'false' by default. I.e. they are not 'nil' but 'false', even if not specified on the command line. (tex.mode.__newindex predefined to this purpose?)

- There is no table of arguments or variables being passed by --arguments="ARG=arg" or by --variable="VAR=var" from the command line.

- All arguments passed to the command line are accessible by document.arguments. Unfortunately, when repeating an arg, only the last is accessible, e.g.

	context.exe t.mkiv --arguments="ARG1=arg1" --arguments="ARG2=arg2"

   will cause that only (string) "ARG2=arg2" will be in document.arguments.arguments.

- - That means also that not splitting to key-value pair is not performed by default (document.arguments.arguments is still "ARG2=arg2", no splitting to document.arguments.arguments.ARG2 to be "arg2" is not done).

- Not only predefined options/switches, but all args passed by command line are accessible by document.arguments. I.e. it's possible to call

	context.exe t.mkiv --myvar=MYVAR

   and later it's possible to get "MYVAR" from document.arguments.myvar.

Let's check the call:

	context.exe t.mkiv --arguments=AAA=aaa --mode=MMM --arguments=BBB=bbb --myvar=MYVAR

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr at pontex.cz]