[NTG-context] Determining available fonts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jan 7 07:40:44 CET 2011

On 01/06/2011 05:04 PM, Tom wrote:
> \showbodyfont&  \showbodyfontenvironment display details about a single
> font. Which command lists or otherwise identifies fonts available for use on
> a Tex Live MKII system? I want to find out what fonts have been loaded onto
> my system. These would most likely be the standard fonts included with the
> on-line download. The documentation shows me how to load additional fonts
> but I don't yet know what is there by default.

There is nothing like that, because a command would not know where to
start searching for installed fonts: it can hardly try all font names
out in the wild just to see which ones exist.

But the new reference manual chapter on fonts has a (perhaps slightly
outdated) list of available typescripts for mkii. You can try those
and see which ones work. The chapter is here:

http://context.aanhet.net/svn/contextman/context-reference/en/co-fonts.pdf

Best wishes,
Taco