[NTG-context] still struggling with footnotes

Achim Jander achim at jander.de
Mon Jan 3 16:51:31 CET 2011

Hi all,
I am still trying to get the footnote numbers aligned in a special way:
flushright, but the width depends on the width of the max
footnote-number on page,
so to get
1
2
and
~9
10

After reading the manuals and the source given in strc-not.lua thats how
far i am at the moment:

\enabletrackers[structures.notes]

\setupnote[footnote][numbercommand=, way=bypage]
\setupnotedefinition[footnote][location=left,distance=1em,hang=4,headalign={flushright},width=1em]

\def\getmaxnote[#1]{\ctxlua{
     local n = structures.notes.getn("#1",n)
     local current = structures.notes.get("#1",n)
     local cr = current.references
     local result = cr.realpage

-- calculate the width of cr.number and store in maxwidth
-- loop through the notes until act.realpage <> cr.realpage
-- and for each note calculate the width, compare with maxwidh and store
the max
-- then set the width to the correct maxwidth

-- context.setupnotedefinition({"footnote"}, {width=maxwidth})

}
}

\appendtoks
  \getmaxnote[footnote]
\to\everybeforenoteinsert

\showframe

  \starttext
\dorecurse {100} {
test  \footnote{test }
}
\stoptext

Now I can not figure out how to get the "real" footnote-number of the
note (is there any way?) And does this approach make sense at all?
Any hints welcome, i tear my hair for hours now

Greetings,
Achim