[NTG-context] updating in texlive

Thomas Schmitz tschmit1 at uni-bonn.de
Sun Jan 2 22:15:15 CET 2011

Hi all,

a Happy New Year to all of you! Here's a small question:
from time to time, as a mental exercise (and because I
like a backup), I try to bring my texlive installation up
to date. I have copied these relevant files over from my
minimal tree:
- luatex binary
- mtxrun
- texmfcnf.lua (with modifications, of course)

then unzipped the latest ConTeXt. Everything works - but I
get no hyphenation. For a simple test file like:

\mainlanguage[en]

\starttext

\hyphenatedword{philosophically}

\stoptext

I see in the log file

mkiv lua stats : loaded patterns - en::2

but no hyphenation is given. in a run with the minimals, I
see:

mkiv lua stats : loaded patterns - en::2
mkiv lua stats : language load time - 0.155 seconds ,
nofpatterns: 1

(the last line is not present in the log from texlive). I
don't see anything wrong in cont-en.log, so I wonder how I
can find out why the patterns are not applied?

All best

Thomas