[NTG-context] \SetTableToWidth undefined?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 7 10:10:01 CET 2010

On 6-12-2010 10:47, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> 2010/11/30 Richard Stephens<richard.stephens at converteam.com>
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have just noticed that \SetTableToWidth does not work in MKIV.
>> Simple example below.
>>
>> \starttext
>>         \SetTableToWidth{8cm}
>>         \starttable[|l|l|]
>>                 \NC One \NC Two \NC\SR
>>                 \NC Three \NC Four \NC\LR
>>         \stoptable
>> \stoptext
>>
>> I get the error:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> l.3     \SetTableToWidth
>>                      {8cm}
>>
>> It does work in MKII and also works if you use \tableSetTableToWidth.
>>
>> Have I missed something, is something wrong or is it just me?

table is under reconstruction (cleaned up, stripped from obscure
options, made a bit more context)

\SetTableWidth is too global so it's gone ... instead there will be

\starttable[|l|l|][textwidth=8cm] % or textwidth=max

% SetTableToWidth -> textwidth=dimension
% Expand          -> textwidth=max
% WidenTableBy    -> no proper key yet
% LongLines       -> no proper key yet

the textwidth option will be in the next beta (only mkiv, no changes to
mkii).