[NTG-context] table background color in first row

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:13:25 CET 2010

Am 12.11.2010 um 19:19 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> So, if there's interest in the \starttable .. \stoptable mechanism (i have no idea how often it is used) I can consider weeding and redoing some of that code (or just rewrite it from scratch which is probably easier).

There is still a use for the old table macros because it’s easier to set small tables (alignment in the preamble versus many \setupTABLE settings), you can set different spacing between rows which is not part of tabulate and you can span cells (also not supported in tabulate).

To make the environment more attractive you should use the tabulate mechanism for background colors (\BC[...] and \VL[...]) and a indent option would be usefull to indent the table in a narrower environment and in itemize.

Wolfgang