[NTG-context] First try with ConTeXt (Win7)

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Tue Nov 9 12:27:17 CET 2010

I've used LaTeX for years, but I'm trying to work with ConTeXt now on a Win7
PC that has already had MikTeX 2.9 installed.
I've downloaded the minimal ZIP file, unpacked it and run the
first_setup.bat file.
(Note, I don't have Ruby installed yet, so I can't use pdfTeX, but I assume
some other build is available.)

Then I opened TeXworks, created a ConTeXt typesetting option, entered a
helloworld.tex program, and tried to ConTeXt it.

However, I just get these messages:

MTXrun | forcing cache reload

MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file
'C:/Users/peterd/AppData/Roaming/MiKTeX/2.9/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' (no file)

MTXrun | resolvers

MTXrun | resolvers

MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated

MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'

MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'

MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'

MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'

MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Any clues available?

Thanks!

-pd