[NTG-context] letter module, vertical offset of reference line

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:53:35 CET 2010

Am 31.10.2010 um 11:16 schrieb Florian Wobbe:

>> Can you make a example where this calculation goes wrong!
>
> Thanks! Of cause, a commented minimal example is attached.
>
> I have two problems and a wish:
>
> 1) The reference line and the following subject line are placed too high.

I uploaded a new version where you disable the automatic placement of the reference line and the start of the letter text with

  \setupletterstyle[position=no] % default: position=yes

To remove the overlap of the information block and the reference you need the following settings in your style:

\setupletterstyle           [position=no]
\setupletterstyle[reference][voffset=11cm]
\setupletterstyle[firstpage][topspace=12cm,bottomspace=4cm]

> 2) The footer has not enough space before and after.

The module has no default values for the footer because the din layouts ignore the foot but this should work:

\setupletterstyle
  [foot]
  [style=small]

\setupletterstyle
  [foot][layer]
  [voffset=1cm]

\setupletterstyle
  [foot][frame]
  [width=\textwidth,
   height=2.5cm,
   topframe=on]

\startsetups letter:foot
  A custom footer\\that is\\longer than\\three lines\\and misses space before and after and has strange linespacing.\par
\stopsetups

> 3) It would be nice to have a bottomframe for the backaddress field that is not longer than then the text itself.

\setupletterstyle
  [reference][frame]
  [width=fit]

Wolfgang