[NTG-context] ConTexT conversion to html/rtf/odt

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Sun Nov 7 11:54:58 CET 2010

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 17:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, Manfred Lotz wrote:
>
> > I'm in a situation where I have to do some documentation which
> > should be available in html and rtf/odt (would be nice to have).
>
> There is an experimental feature of converting ConTeXt to XML. You
> can then process XML using standard XML tools to get HTML.
>
> > I do not need any fancy stuff, just simple things: ordered,
> > unordered lists, verbatim, tables etc.
>

> \setupbackend[export=yes]

! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \setupbackend
                 [export=yes]

This doesn't work for me. Perhaps my context from TeXLive 2010 is too
old. Not quite sure about that.

> Since you do not need any fancy features, a simpler option is to use
> markdown as your starting format and use pandoc to convert it to
> context, html, and odt. However, creating even slightly complicated
> tables in markdown is a pain, unless your editor supports an ascii
> table mode.

Thanks for pointing me to pandoc. On the one hand it works very well
but on the other hand it (markdown) seems a bit too rudimentary.

--
Manfred