[NTG-context] metapost -- mplib

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Oct 23 10:04:44 CEST 2010

On 10/23/2010 10:00 AM, Herbert Voss wrote:
> When I run this example with mpost amd mptopdf, everything is fine.
> But running it with context mkiv, using its mplib I get
> an error.

Yes, you would. This is the text from
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MkIV_Differences about metapost in context
mkiv:

   All inline metapost code in your document is executed in a large
continuous run.

   This means there are two things you have to watch out for:

     You should load the MP packages you need in
\startMPinclusions..\stopMPinclusions; not inside a graphic.
     You have to make sure that you do not re-state equations that were
already solved in a previous graphic.

   These are in fact the exact same rules that you have to adhere to in
mkii if \runMPgraphicsfalse is active.

Best wishes,
Taco