[NTG-context] How to remove \jobname-mpgraph.dddd?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:17:38 CEST 2010

On 22 oct. 2010, at 02:03, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I have a silly question - how do I remove mpgraph files now that
> ctxtools is gone and "context --purge" doesn't know about them?
> "context" doesn't need to know about mpgraph files as long as MKIV is
> not generating them, but if there is no mkii-only --purge alternative
>
> I have fifty files \jobname-mpgraph.4000 ... \jobname-mpgraph.3951 and
> even though I can use "rm", --purge would be a lot more convenient.
>
> Mojca

Hi Mojca,

If you are working on a Mac, with TeXShop, I can tell you what I do: my mkiv.engine file contains the following:

#!/bin/bash

source /Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/setuptex
context "$1"
rm -f  *.tui *.log *.tuo *.xdv *.mp *.tmp *.top *-mpgraph.* *-mpgraph-temp.dvi *.tuc

So that after running context, the only file which is kept is \jobname.pdf (however this may be dangerous if you are using MetaPost with file suffixes *.mp. In my case since everything is done through context and files *.tex, I have no problem).

Best regards: OK