[NTG-context] entries in registerentry

Jano Kula jano.kula at tiscali.cz
Tue Oct 19 12:13:04 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

On 10/13/2010 07:23 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the concept of entries in registerentry :o(
>
> Say, you have this example:
>
> \starttext
> \placeregister[index]
> \page
> page 1
> \setregisterentry[index]
>   [entries:1={eins},
>    entries:2={zwei},
>    entries:3={drei},
>    label=range]
> \page
>   page 2
>   text
> \page
>   page 3
> \finishregisterentry[index][label=range]
> text
> \stoptext

\setregisterentry writes only one index entry and entries:1, entries:2,
entries:3 are the levels of this entry, so \setregisterentry in your
example is equivalent to

\index{eins+zwei+drei}

and you get

eins
   zwei
     drei <number>

> Why does only have entries:3 the index range "2-4", both entries:1 and 2 are emtpy?
> What should I write in order to have all of those entries referering to the same "2-4"?

Hans might have a better hint, I would write these entries three times.

Jano