[NTG-context] Trouble with ConTeXt's project structure

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Mon Oct 18 12:00:46 CEST 2010


On 18.10.2010 01:29, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2010-10-17 um 21:43 schrieb Stefan Müller:
>
>> I tried to set up a project of mine using the project structure
>> propagated in
>> the wiki [1]. Because I ran into some trouble I made the following small
>> example (using MkIV, minimals 2010.10.14 13:14).
> ...
>> All this seems very strange to me, especially since a friend told me
>> project
>> structure works pretty well in his projects. I tested on two different
>> machines
>> (Windows Vista and Linux). Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug or a
>> feature?
>
> Consider it a feature that actual code in your project file is always
> executed.
> Consider the table of content call in the wiki a bad example. Mea culpa.
> Change it.
>
> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

Okay, so the \completecontent should be put inside another component, right?

 >> Another case, same problem. If I drop the "product", i.e. I only
 >> have a project file including several components, the individual
 >> component files and an environment file, kind of the same problems
 >> appear. Translating the project file works well. Translating the
 >> component file c_editorial.tex results in a PDF with 4 pages
 >> (instead of one with "Editorial"): "Editorial", "First Article",
 >> "Contents", "Editorial". Context puts the whole project in the PDF
 >> and appends the component c_editorial...

For me the trouble lies more in my second example "Another case, same 
problem" because the "\component c_something" calls are also considered 
as "actual code", not only the \completecontent. Using a (fake) product 
in this case seems to me like a workaround.

Thank you very much so far,
Stefan.


More information about the ntg-context mailing list