[NTG-context] A few puzzling problems (bugs?) with enumerations

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Oct 16 02:29:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:

> Ok so after reading the source code of strc-des.mkiv, I found that
> contrary to earlier documentation such as
>
> http://www.ntg.nl/maps/36/09.pdf
>
> it is not the 'number' parameter that should be used to share
> numbering but the 'counter' parameter.

Partly my fault. I requested some of the features that are in that article
but haven't really tested them in MkIV.

> On a sidenote, I would like to contribute to the wiki or whatever is
> the main documentation source of the ConTeXt project something to
> document those parameters that are specific de \setupenumerations. The
> context reference manual and the wiki both just refer to
> \setupdescriptions yet there are a number of parameters that don't
> exist for \setupdescriptions, such as number, counter, prefix,
> prefixcomponents, etc.

Adding the missing options to the wiki is a good start. Currently, there
is no syncing between the wiki and the cont-en.xml file (in
texmf-context/tex/context/interface) that was used to generate that
content. You could simulaneously add the appropriate keys to cont-en.xml
and send the diff file to Hans. (There were plans to reimplement that in
lua, but I do not know what is the current state of it).

It will be nice to have a comprehensive wiki page on enumerations.

Aditya