[NTG-context] Error in simplefonts

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:48:29 CEST 2010

On 12 oct. 2010, at 19:36, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>> […]
>> ! LuaTeX error <main ctx instance>:1: attempt to index field 'define' (a nil value)
>> stack traceback:
>>       <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.
>>
>> system          > error on line 5 in file test.tex: LuaTeX error  ...
>>
>> 1     \usemodule  [simplefonts][size=10pt]
>> 2
>> 3     \setmainfont[Fontin][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]
>> 4
>> 5 >>  \definesimplefont [NameFont]    [FontinBold][size=16pt]
>> 6
>> 7     \starttext
>> 8     \NameFont A
>> 9     \stoptext
>>

>> \dodefinesimplefont ...1("\luaescapestring {#2}")}
>>                                                 \ifcase \scaledfontmode \r...
>> l.5 ...efont [NameFont]    [FontinBold][size=16pt]
>
> Does anyone else get this error or is it something wrong on my machine?

Hi Aditya,

I do get the same exact error with your example: here is part of the console result:

! Undefined control sequence.
system          > error on line 5 in file error-simplefonts.tex: Undefined control sequence ...
1     %\definesimplefont fails in the latest beta. Minimal example:
2     \usemodule  [simplefonts][size=10pt]
3     \setmainfont[Fontin][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]
4
5 >>  \definesimplefont [NameFont]    [FontinBold][size=16pt]
6
7     \starttext
8     \NameFont A
9     \stoptext
l.5 \definesimplefont
                      [NameFont]    [FontinBold][size=16pt]
?
Process aborted

However as I thought this might be due to the fact that I don't have the font Fontin, I tried with another font, which I do have, CMUBright-Roman, but the result is the same.
I tried also with a few previous examples in which I had tried simplefonts, they don't work anymore.
All this with the latest release (ConTeXt version 2010-10-12).

Best regards: OK