[NTG-context] "Page-breakable" \subsubsubject?

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:45:28 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau at cea.fr> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 October 2010 10:49:18 luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>> Yes; a good point for three letters for suffix is compatibility with
>> old OS and perhaps MIME questions.
>
> What? You mean DOS? And FAT?
yes; more generally  I think to customer OS for embedded devices
> Maybe we should restrict our coding as well to ascii...
As long as you impose the filename to follow the ascii 8.3 convention
the OS should be ok.
ConTeXt mkii is already able to manage utf-8 bytestreams (it's not a
OS issue, becuse  it's a binary file for these OSs)

> Alan
>
> P.S. I am still using some real-time applications
> running on computers under DOS, but I would not dream
> of trying to put ConTeXt on such a system!
Maybe not the full context, but metatex .
It's a memory+CPU issue so not too serious nowadays.
Also you lua is designed to be small and it's easy to compile luatex
for different targets.

--
luigi