[NTG-context] calling ConTeXt as a background process

Robin.Kirkham at csiro.au Robin.Kirkham at csiro.au
Thu Oct 7 12:16:30 CEST 2010

Posted by Henning Hraban Ramm [hraban at fiee.net]

> Am 2010-10-07 um 10:42 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>
> > On 10/07/10 09:34, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> >> mtxrun --script context "prd_paket --batchmode --once"
> >
> > When I run that last thing on the command line, I get:
> >
> >  ! I can't find file `./prd_paket --batchmode --once'.
> >  <*> "./prd_paket --batchmode --once"
> >
> >  Please type another input file name:
>
> Of course, prd_paket.tex is my input file. But that's there.
>
> > But it is hard to say whether that is the problem. If it was
> > me, I would attach a gdb to the process to see where it is at
> > from the backtrace (but you need a non-stripped build of
> > the binary for that).
>
> I'd like to avoid compiling a debugging version of luatex...

Hraban,

Have you tried attaching to the stalled processes using strace (Linux)
or dtruss (Mac)?  This will tell you what system call is blocking, might
give a clue. The defunct uname process in your original post suggests
to me the parent did not calling wait() on the child (uname) and it exited.

Best,

Robin