[NTG-context] present state of critical editions with ConTeXt MKIV ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 4 18:13:36 CEST 2010

On 4-10-2010 3:12, Talal Al-Azem wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you once again for your response. I have attached a sample file showing examples of each of the matters discussed below which you requested. It was produced using LaTeX and Uwe Lück's excellent ednotes package. Of course, I couldn't produce an example of parallel texts, because to the best of my knowledge there is no robust system for that anywhere (my definition of 'robust' means it can handle RtL languages, like Arabic, as easily as ConTeXt does).

\starttext

\definedescription[lemma]
\setupdescriptions[lemma][before=,after=,location=serried,width=fit]

% ln: will disappear when this is stable

\setupnote
[ln:linenote][paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\hskip.5em\vl\hskip.5em]
\setupdescriptions[ln:linenote][display=no,location=serried,distance=.5em]
% before=,after=

\setuplinenumbering[align=flushleft]

\startlinenumbering[100]
test \linenote {\startlemma{oeps 1} \input tufte\stoplemma} test test
test test test test
test \startlinenote [well] {oeps X} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 2} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 3} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 4} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 5} test test test test test test
test \stoplinenote [well] test test test test test test
\stoplinenumbering

\stoptext

not entirely but somewhat similar

best is to team with Idris and Thomas in writing down specs for what
more needed