[NTG-context] Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 01:09:12 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 00:29, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> After compiling the file via "context file.tex" the following messages
> appear.
>
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file
> '/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

I'm not sure about it, but it is quite probable that you would need to
fix texmfcnf.lua as well. The format of that file has been changed
after TeX Live 2010 has been released.

If mtxrun --generate doesn't help, you would need to fix the cnf file.
See http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/misc/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
and compare with your
'/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'.

(I didn't try to update TL 2010 ...)

Mojca