[NTG-context] MikTeX 2.9

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:45:37 CEST 2010

2010/9/28 Vedran Miletić wrote:
> 2010/9/28 Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> Just to let you know - ConTeXt in MikTeX is back. There are some minor
>> issues, but MKIV works almost out of the box. For the time being the
>> version of ConTeXt in MikTeX is the same as in TeX Live.
>
> Does that mean that there are plans to eventually put newer ConTeXt
> versions in MikTeX?

Eventually ... yes, but it depends a bit on what timeframe you have in
mind when you say "eventually". First of all, no newer "current"
version of ConTeXt has been released since this one. But most
important: ConTeXt highly depends on the version of LuaTeX being used
and that is out of our control. When the author of MikTeX will decide
to upgrade LuaTeX version, ConTeXt will probably (have to) be updated
at the same time.

Mojca