[NTG-context] unicode error

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Sep 26 13:14:40 CEST 2010

On 25-9-2010 8:30, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 20:25, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>> An obscure unicode error, minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> (≡) should be ($\equiv$)
>> \stoptext
>
> Well, this works: $≡$
> (This is not to say that the character ≡ alone should not work, but it
> may be that it is simply missing in the text font and no mechanism is
> there that would switch to "math mode".)

indeed. of course one could use the math font as base font as well, but
that would complicate matters a bit as we use a virtual font (so instead
of the default set one would need to specify multiple featuresets, which
actually is supported)

another solution is do define fallbacks but I have no time right now to
do that (it would slow down loading a bit); some time in the future we
will have the option in luatex to add missing glyphs to a font using a
'missign glyph' callback but this is quite tricky as there is state to
be kept)

making all math characters active and resolve to math could be a
solution too but this is not always wanted either (so we should need
exceptions etc etc then)