[NTG-context] Fwd: Re: New beta 2010-09-22 and xits fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Sep 25 18:07:27 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] New beta 2010-09-22 and xits fonts
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:03:13 +0200
From: Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com>
To: Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>

On 24 sept. 2010, at 12:00, Hans Hagen wrote:

> […]
> I uploaded a new beta. As a side effect of the changed table loader some info was missing.
>
> Hans

Hi,

Many thanks Hans: now xits fonts work as before (with ConTeXt  ver:
2010.09.24 11:40 MKIV  fmt: 2010.9.24).
However, for some reason it seems that the white space (or should I say
the glue?) between some operators such as \int and the following
characters is too big.
For instance the following

%%%% begin xits-int.tex
\starttext

\startbuffer[Test]
Since $F(u)={\rm e}^{x/n}$, it is clear that
\startformula
\int {\rm e}^x = F(u)^n.
\stopformula
\stopbuffer

\getbuffer[Test]
\switchtobodyfont[xits]
\getbuffer[Test]
\stoptext
%%%% end xits-int.tex

results in the attached PDF: notice the difference between the integral
sign in LM and in xits.

I am just reporting the issue for debugging, since one may always write
\int\!\!\! to add a manual correction, but this is not a « solution ».

Best and warmest regards: OK