[NTG-context] How to use a true type font?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:11:05 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 Procházka Lukáš wrote:

> And one more question - maybe due to that I'm not Linux user -
>
> - what does the "!!" at the begin and the "//" at the and of some paths
> mean? Or is it something TeX-special?

!! means that a database must be created first. The advantage is that
searching is much faster, but the drawback is that you need to update
the database each time when you modify something (add or remove
files). Without !! it means that files are searched for on the fly.
Advantage: database doesn't need to be updated, drawback: slower
search.

I'm not sure - maybe entries in texmf-local should be without !!.

Mojca