[NTG-context] How to use a true type font?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:06:39 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 Procházka Lukáš <lpr at pontex.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the BrickToBrick.ttf font.
>
> It can be freely downloaded from
>  http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/klein05/pic05/brick2brick.htm.
>
> Problems are:
>
> 1) What's the best destination where the BrickToBrick.ttf should be placed?
> (Now, I've copied the file to c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-local\BrickToBrick.ttf.)

You need to put it to
a) c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-local\data\<politebutnotneededtoputfontnamefolderhere>\BrickToBrick.ttf
b) c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-local\fonts\opentype\brick\BrickToBrick.ttf
(or truetype instead of opentype; I'm not sure what kind of font it
is, but on the other hand I don't think that it really matters)

> 2) How to make ConTeXt realize that a new (.ttf) font has been added to use?
> Is it necessary to run any special routine?

In MKII the folder texmf-local and TEXMFHOME (%HOME%/texmf) should be
automatically searched (other trees not), but I do not guarantee that
MKIV does that in the same way.

In any case,
    mtxrun --generate
should update the files for MKIV. In MKII that would be mktexlsr.

Mojca