[NTG-context] A rose by any other name ....

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 13:05:10 CEST 2010

Am 16.09.2010 00:34, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the name of the font as it appears in the pdf
> file?
>
> More specifically, I am using Termes font, but I want that the document
> properties to show the name of the font as Times. Is that possible? Is
> doing so a violation of the font license?

Afaik the name is directly taken from the font (part of its resources).
Should be no problem to change this attribute with fontforge.

See

http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre#Licensing

for the licensing conditions. At first glance there should be no
problems (but better read the whole license).

[..]
"The freedoms granted by GFL include the free use of the fonts for
whatever purpose you wish. You can also take the fonts and modify them
for your own use or redistribution, but to avoid confusion in such a
case you are requested to change the name(s) of the font(s) and
comprising files—please follow the guidance of the license."

Best wishes,  Peter