[NTG-context] HOWTO: Typesetting Poetry in ConTeXt

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Thu Sep 16 01:58:25 CEST 2010

I totally agree. My experience with ConTeXt is that I can obtain
incredible results. But I have to dig into docs, typically with no
much hope,  and at the end I ask the list. The solution is typically
cut and past from a guru's email :-).

Best

-a-

On Sep 16, 2010, at 1:51 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, John Haltiwanger wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, this conversation has cleared up a few lingering
>> details in
>> my mind re: ConTeXt. Maybe a poetry typesetting tutorial is a
>> worthy way to
>> explain some key concepts?
>
> Definite write such a tutorial. I think ConTeXt is lacking such
> explanations by beginners on how they understood specific
> ConTeXtisms. Most ConTeXt tutorials and manuals are written by users
> who know ConTeXt too well to realize what others may find to be
> confusing.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Aditya

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.myspace.com/andreavalle
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/
-->  http://www.youtube.com/user/vanderaalle
--> andrea.valle at unito.it
" This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a
lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)