[NTG-context] Fonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 10 16:50:05 CEST 2010

Am 10.09.2010 um 10:11 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> Is there a list of the standard fonts to use? I found:
>
> [...]
>
> But none of them I find very pleasing. (And handwritten looks
> different as the name suggest.) How can I find out which fonts I can
> use?

With your list you can only switch to a different style of a typeface
but to get a different font you need e.g. \setupbodyfont[palatino].

This is a (uncomplete) list of the predefined typefaces in context,
to switch to one of them you have to take the name after the bullet
and load it with \setupbodyfont:

Note: all names in the same line are synonyms for the same typeface

Latin Modern
------------

• modern
• modern-base
• modernvariable, modern-variable
• modernvariablelight, modern-variable-light
• modern-mono
• modern-base-mono

TeX Gyre
--------

• times, termes
• palatino, pagella
• schoolbook, schola
• bookman, bonum
• chancery, chorus
• helvetica, heros
• avantgarde, adventor
• courier, cursor

Antykwa Torunska
----------------

• antykwa-torunska
• antykwa-torunska-light
• antykwa-torunska-cond
• antykwa-torunska-lightcond

Antykwa Poltawskiego
--------------------

• antykwa-poltawskiego
• antykwa-poltawskiego-light

Iwona
-----

• iwona
• iwona-light
• iwona-heavy
• iwona-medium

Mathtimes (commercial)
---------

• mathtimes

Lucida (commercial)
------

• lucida

Asana Math
----------

• asana

Cambria (commercial)
-------

• cambria
• cambria-m
• cambria-a
• cambria-x,cambria-y

Microsoft core fonts (Times + Arial + Courier)
--------------------

• mscore

Libaration
----------

• liberation

Linux Libertine
---------------

• libertine

Postscript fonts (like mscore but with texgyre fonts)
----------------

• postscript

Euler
-----