[NTG-context] Accessing fonts

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Sep 8 20:51:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 8-9-2010 7:26, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can only load some fonts (like Fontin) that are in ~/texmf or ~/.fonts
>> if I load it using the file: directive. The name: directive does not
>> seem to work, even if the font is in ~/texmf directory.
>>
>> As a result a lot of my old documents (which generally use typescripts
>> or simplefonts module by Wolfgang) have stopped working. I can fix
>> things on a case by case basis, but I wonder if others are also facing
>> similar problems and there is bug lurking somewhere that is platform
>> dependent.
>
> if you want named access, you need to add that path to the fontpath in your
> cnf as then it will be added to the font database (that database is not
> dynamicly adapting to trees that are scanned runtime)

The contextcnf.lua file contains

         TEXMFHOME       = "$HOME/texmf", -- "tree:///$HOME/texmf
         TEXMF           =
"{$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFSYSTEM,!!$TEXMFMAIN}",

         OPENTYPEFONTS   = ".;$TEXMF/fonts/{data,opentype}//;$OSFONTDIR",

So, should I add two !! infront of $TEXMFHOME in $TEXMF (and $OSFFONTDIR
in $OPENTYPEFONTS) to ensure that $TEXMFHOME and $OSFFONTDIR are scanned
for names?

Aditya