[NTG-context] Module t-letter: Headers, Footers And Back Address

benedikt k bk.context at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:13:53 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

an issue arised while writing a letter with the third party module
t-letter (http://modules.contextgarden.net/letter).

I've read the official documentation (Correspondence with ConTeXt) but
I found no solution to:

a) Setup a header/footer for the first page and configure a different
one for the following pages.

Page 46 of the documentation describes the setup of the specific
(letter) layers. With the "state" parameter it's possible to enable (=
"start"), disable (= "stop") the header or start it on the second page
and the following (= "next"), but if I configure the header for the
first
page with

\setupletterstyle[head]
[
 state=start,
 alternative=left,
 fromrule=top,
]

and then for the following pages

\setupletterstyle[head]
[
 state=next,
]

only the second setup is typeset. From this it follows that the first
setup is just overwritten.

The header on the first page  should only contain a name and than a
thin line (a "\hairline" similar to the built-in variable "fromrule").

The header on the following pages should contain variable things and
than also a thin line.

Unfortunately I found no possibility to get this done.

b) I would like to define a back address which should be typeset above
the addressee.

Page 44 of the documentation illustrates amongst other layers the back
address layer, but there is no way to activate and configure this
layer. I've tried it with \setupletter[backaddress][...] and
\setuplayer[backaddress][...].

Maybe someone have a tip.

Thank you and have a nice week.

Benedikt

ps: A small (commented) letter template is attached below (as tex file).