[NTG-context] section conversion gets lost in MKIV

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 31 17:15:18 CEST 2010

On 31-8-2010 4:28, Cedric Mauclair wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 13:30, Hans Hagen<pragma at wxs.nl>  wrote:
>> On 31-8-2010 1:07, Cedric Mauclair wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a documentation and/or extensive example of the conversionset
>>> feature (and others) somewhere? The comments in the source files (on
>>> the wiki) are kind of scarce and I can't quite figure out how to use
>>> them.
>>
>> it's just a list of conversions starting with the one for 'part' and the
>> second arg is the default so
>>
>> [numbers,characters,greek][numbers]
>>
>> will number parts 1..n, chapters a..z and sections alpha..omega and all
>> below that as 1..n
> All right, I'm starting to get it, for "conversionset" at least. I
> still have some questions though.
>
> 1. To what do "P" and "P.N" refer to in strc-ini.mkiv?

prefix ... some numbers, like a figurenumber can have the section number
as prefix and all that is kept track of so that in a table of contents
(of ref) one can have different formatting rules

> 2. What does the little table mean ("reference, mark, list, text"
> against "section, float, etc.")? I see there is something going on
> with the next few lines, but I don't clearly see how to use the table.

reference, mark, list, text

are the text variants (so a bookmark or list entry can be different from
the title shown as section)