[NTG-context] Renaming file breaks texexec

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Aug 30 16:15:57 CEST 2010

On 08/30/2010 04:11 PM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Op zaterdag 28 aug 2010 13:31 CEST schreef Taco Hoekwater:
>
>>> I want to try to make a logo. When executing:
>>> texexec ConTeXtWikiLogo
>>> there is generated:
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 cecil users 17K aug 28 12:55 ConTeXtWikiLogo.pdf
>>>
>>> When I give:
>>> cp ConTeXtWikiLogo.tex BASHLogo.tex
>>> texexec BASHLogo
>>> there is generated:
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 cecil users 1,3K aug 28 12:57 BASHLogo.pdf
>>> which is a completely wrong file.
>>>
>>> What could be happening here?
>>
>> Unless you are including an image using \jobname, I suggest posting
>> the logs of both the wrong and the right run.
>
> I attached the tex file and both log files.

The on-the-fly generation of metapost images is off because
the setting for shell_escape in your texmf.cnf does not allow
execution of system commands.

The reason why the original filename worked is because in thatcase
the image (ConTeXtWikiLogo-mpgraph.1) has already been generated
earlier (or separately).

Best wishes,
Taco