[NTG-context] section conversion gets lost in MKIV

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 30 13:23:37 CEST 2010

On 30-8-2010 10:34, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Here's a minimal example that work correct in MKII, but wrong in MKIV:
>
> \setupsection
> 	[chapter]
> 	[conversion=Characters]
> \setupsection
> 	[section]
> 	[conversion=]
>
> \starttext
> \chapter{first}
> \section{subfirst}
> \stoptext
>
> It results in
>      A first
>      1.1 subfirst
> while it should keep "A.1" instead of "1.1" for the section numbering.

The new way is:

\definestructureconversionset[MySet][numbers,Characters][numbers] % [per
level] [default]

\setupsection
   [chapter]
   [sectionconversionset=MySet]

\starttext

\chapter{first}
\section{subfirst}

\stoptext

What you observe is 'conversion' being inherited and makins both the
conversionsets and conversion work as you want will mess up much code so
I think that I will remove the 'conversion' key completely in favor of
the set. Keep in mind that we now keep more status info around and more
or less local conversion settings (after all then can be changed each
moment) is not part of that.

So, a next release will drop 'conversion' ... better not that
unpredictable.