[NTG-context] ConTeXt meeting Lua tutorials

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 25 11:17:13 CEST 2010

On 25-8-2010 10:05, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Am 24.08.2010 um 20:37 schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:
>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Today I started preparations for my activities at the ConTeXt meeting.
>>>
>>> There are two small lua tutorials in the program, and I am looking
>>> for input on both. There is one that is supposed to be a general
>>> beginner's introduction, and one specifically about fonts.
>>>
>>> For both, I am looking for input on what subjects I should cover?
>>>
>>> Since both tutorials will end up as articles/wiki pages, it makes
>>> sense to ask everybody on the list for input (but requests by actual
>>> attendees will be scored considerably higher).
>>
>> Perhaps some example to modify a font at runtime? I don't know whether that's possible at all, but if yes, it would be great to see how one could modify kerning tables etc. Often a font needs to be groomed but its license places some restrictions on modifying the file itself...
>

> +1

This is somewhat tricky. Actually I had a mechanism for that but I
discarded the code. However there will be a feature like that some day
as it needs a rather tight integration in the core of context's font
handling. (btw, there is a feature for type 1 fonts that adds 'missing'
kerns based on shape codes).