[NTG-context] Typeface - simple example

Peter Schorsch tralalas at freenet.de
Thu Aug 19 15:20:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

I reactivated my interest in Context. A lot changed since
then... so I am became a beginner again. E.g. I don't know / understand how
to use that Typescript-Framework. I tried to build a simple example, but I
do not get it to work.

I crosschecked successfully with simplefonts that the fonts itself are
working (via \simplefont[..]).

In this example I wanted to put the Nimbus Sans fonts on the rm-Definitions
(just to see that it is working).

I like what I was reading in the wiki, examples, posts and manuels about the
Typescript-framework - but can anyone help me to understand it really / help
me to get this simple example to work?

Thanks

------ simple example environment ---

Nimbus fonts are stored under /usr/share/fonts

OSFONTDIR is correct, fonts via mtxrun imported

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all pattern=nimbuss*
shows all the nimbus fonts I used in the example

------ simple example ----------

\enableregime[utf]
\setupencoding[default=uc]

\setupcapitals[sc=yes]

\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Regular]        [nimbussanlregu]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Bold]           [nimbussanlbold]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Italic]         [nimbussanlreguital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Slanted]        [nimbussanlreguital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-BoldItalic]     [nimbussanlboldital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-BoldSlanted]    [nimbussanlboldital]
\definefontsynonym [Nimbus-Sans-Caps]           [nimbussanlregu]

\starttypescript [Nimbus]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[rm]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Regular]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[rm]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Bold]	%here: how to access / define rm,bf?
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[tt]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Italic]
    \definetypeface	[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor]	[ss]	[whatIsThis]
[Nimbus-Sans-Bold]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[Nimbus]
\setupbodyfont[Nimbus-whatIsThisFor,rm,12pt]

\starttext

Regular

{\it Italic}

{\bf Bold}