[NTG-context] xits font in ~/.fonts

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Aug 18 22:07:07 CEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

>>> Wild guess: could it be related to the dot in ".fonts" ?
>>
>> Other fonts in that directory are found, font names works for all fonts
>> there too.
>>

> May I chime in here? Hans, a couple of weeks ago, I reported a similar problem: none of the fonts in my personal texmf-trees ends up in the database. I can still reproduce the problem:
>
> luatools AGaramondPro-Regular.otf
> /Users/tas/texmf/fonts/opentype/adobe/agaramond/AGaramondPro-Regular.otf
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --all "agaramond*"
>
> (i.e. nothing found). I can only use all these personal fonts via the file: syntax; name: does not work. Maybe these problems are related? Something's not quite kosher in the font database...

I had also noticed a similar behavior in the past with Fontin... the font
was not found in $TEXMFHOME tree. That was one of the reasons that I
started storing fonts in ~/.fonts (the other being that other applications
on Linux can also find the font).

I will try to see if I can reproduce that with the latest beta.

Aditya