[NTG-context] collecting user wishes for streams related functionalities

Salil Sayed salilsay at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 15:23:20 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Hans will starting looking into the development of 'streams' for mkvi soon. So
let us gather our wishes for these functions so that the interface can be well
thought of beforehand. Please respond to this thread with your wishes and I
might compile them later in one place if doing so makes sense.

To begin with here is my first wish:

Being able to flow multiple texts in parallel. A simple case is a translation of
the same text running on opposite page while the original runs on left/right
page. In my thesis these are not translations, but correlated texts written for
different audiences. (think of levels in a CG game) So the texts need to be
designed differently.

To extrapolate this facility, if columns on one page can run such parallel texts
then we can have multiple translations running together.

Best regards,

Salil