[NTG-context] PDF's generated by XeTeX and LuaTeX, font licensing

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Tue Aug 17 08:47:51 CEST 2010

Reading through the license of a commercial font I'm interested in,
I see it stipulated for PDF files created that:

    "... a reader or user cannot create new content using one of our
    fonts in a PDF application ... the complete font is not embedded"

And in an email correspondence with the vendor:

    "We just ask that you subset the font when exporting the PDFs ..."

Do PDF's generated by XeTeX and LuaTeX "subset the font" in this way?

Regards,

John

--
John Magolske