[NTG-context] subject kills bookmarks?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 16 20:06:43 CEST 2010

On 15-8-2010 7:05, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why does subject kill bookmarks when used as first entry?
> See attached example.
>
> (I am not sure whether I misunderstood the structural logic that's used for bookmarks.)

Well, they assume some structure indeed and start from a parent that has
a higher order.

Normally one will have more structure (introductions or whatever) and
never start with a dangling subject.

In a toc this goes unnoticed as there is no tree visualized there.

I fixed it using a horrible hack that took me a whole afternoon of
experimenting to cook up so this is the last thing I will do about
bookmarks for a long time (esp such weird cases).

Having a dangling one in for instance an appendix will show the problem
as one will never know where it actually belongs to then. A better way
would be to have a dedicated 'inject level zero bookmark here' command
but it has a very low priority.