[NTG-context] interface file parameter

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:58:51 CEST 2010

  Am 16.08.10 14:50, schrieb Philipp Gesang:
> Hi all,
>
> in an interface xml definition, what is the notation for an argument value
> that is a filename? I'm just unsure whether to specify it as “cd:text”
> or “cd:name”.

It’s “cd:name”.

> Also, is there a way to specify conditioned arguments (apart from
> separate setups)? E.g. parameter “p” has an effect iff parameter “q” is
> given as well?

No, the file lists only the available parameters, dependences have to be
explained in your text.

The interface file shows only how many parameters a command has and
which arguments it does accept.

Interface file aren't obsolete because you need them to show the command
syntax in your documetation
for a module, see here:
http://bitbucket.org/wolfs/fancybreak/src/tip/files/t-fancybreak.mkiv

Wolfgang