[NTG-context] other markup to ConTeXt

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Sat Aug 14 14:47:46 CEST 2010

Am 2010-08-14 um 11:23 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

> did you consider directly processing reST or similar markdown with
> context using lua? Certainly it has advantages to have a converter
> output
> context (backslash style) code and being able to finalize it. But
> implementing some .rst processing directly in context shouldn't be
> that
> hard (and with luatex you could handle the html output as well).

I was planning on using Python docutils with changing its LaTeX
converter for ConTeXt.

But of course direct LuaTeX parsing of "other markup" would be really
nice.

Markdown, ReST, Creole - I don't really care, as far as there's a
parser in Python, so that I can integrate it in my Django-based Web CMS.

None of their specs is really precise AFAIR, but I guess ConTeXt's
standard markup commands are flexible enough.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/