[NTG-context] other markup to ConTeXt

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Aug 14 11:23:13 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-14 <07:19:17>, Gour D. wrote:
> Finally, for the high-quality output, we plan to convert to ConTeXt
> (via pandoc since there is no ConTeXt writer for sphinx/docutils) for
> high-quality PDF output (if rst2pdf won't be satisfying or if we would
> like to provide paper putput.

Hi Gour, Hraban, John, and the list,

did you consider directly processing reST or similar markdown with
context using lua? Certainly it has advantages to have a converter output
context (backslash style) code and being able to finalize it. But
implementing some .rst processing directly in context shouldn't be that
hard (and with luatex you could handle the html output as well).

Has somebody already made some steps in that way?  (I'm thinking about
doing so for quite some time now but then, it's not that pressing
either.)

Philipp