[NTG-context] simplefonts or Typecripts

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Fri Aug 13 21:11:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:58:55 +0200
>>>>>> "Hans" == Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

Hans> it depends ... simplefonts uses some heuristics and therefore can
Hans> make it easier but not all fonts fit into a systematic approach

I see.

Hans> for a long time project making a few typescripts (just use those
Hans> defined at the end of type-otf.mkiv as template) and using file:
Hans> is more robust esp as it will nicely fail when something
Hans> fundamental has changed (names or so)

Thanks for the hint.

By inspecting type-otf.mkiv from texlive & context-minimals, I see
that the latter is almost 4x bigger - probably it includes most of the
interesting free fonts available.

For now, it can be enough considering that atm we'll mostly write
markdown/reST and convert to ConTeXt via pandoc, but later we'll go
into final production and then there will be another question
relevant - whether there are some affordable commercial quality
fonts which could enhance the free collection and which cover extended
Unicode range (we need to use Sanskrit diacritics that were created via
TeX accent mechanism when we worked in old LaTeX).

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG: CDBF17CA

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG: CDBF17CA