[NTG-context] Bugs in current beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 11 11:22:02 CEST 2010

On 10-8-2010 5:36, Andreas Harder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for me (OS X 10.6.4)
> mtxrun –script server –auto
> do not work. If I click on a font name I get:
> MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
> MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
> MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
> MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found
>
> Another thing is the streams-module. Here is an example:
>
> \usemodule[streams]
> \definestreamlayer[test][method=overlay]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=test]
>
> \starttext  \showframe
> \startstreamlayer[test]
>    \startcolumns
>      \input knuth
>    \stopcolumns
> \stopstreamlayer
>
> \setlayer[test][x=5cm,y=10cm]{\placestreamlayer[test]}
> \stoptext
>
> And here the error:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.19 \defineoutputstream[\v!left]

This is not really a bug. Streams in mkii are an experiment and will not
be developed further (is a module after all). In mkiv there will be a
different mechanism. There is some experimental code ... copied from the
source:

\enabletrackers[streams.flushing]

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid

\starttext

\input tufte

\startoutputstream[nl]

Wat doen we hier?

\enableoutputstream[en]

Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}

\dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par
\pushoutputstream}

\enableoutputstream[de]

Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}

\dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par
\pushoutputstream}

\disableoutputstream

\stopoutputstream

Vader Jacob, slaap je nog?\footnote{zzz}

\input tufte

\synchronizestreams[en,de,nl]

\page \flushoutputstream[en] \input knuth
\page \flushoutputstream[de] \input knuth
\page \flushoutputstream[nl] \input knuth