[NTG-context] abbreviations as macros

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:15:00 CEST 2010

Hi Hans:

This is asking Armin Varmaz' question in a different way, although I
know even less.  I would like to define a macro that is just an
abbreviation.

For example, say I want to define a snippet \NPV which provides the
text NPV$_0$, and NPV is in textfont while 0 is in mathfont.  This
should work everywhere---formulas, subscripts, footnotes, etc., and
automatically appear in the correct sizing.

In LaTeX, this is easy to do:

  \newcommand{\NPV}{\text{NPV\ensuremath{_0}}}

I can now use \NPV\ in formulas, footnotes, subscripts, titles, etc.,
and it is properly sized everywhere.

Is there a recommended way to do this on conTeXt?

regards,

/iaw