[NTG-context] Problem with cross references

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:22:32 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I would like to get some advice concerning a problem, or rather a
nuisance, with internal references.
I am making a longish document with several chapters, all of which are
separate .tex-files to be input into the main file, which contains all
setups and the skeleton of the document. There are a number of cross
references between elements that sit in different files.
With some simple test files I checked that this worked and that I use
the proper commands.
However, with the real files it does not work, that is, not
immediately. Even after 4 or 5 runs I still get ?? instead of page
numbers, and then suddenly things are OK. I have no idea what happened
between failure and success and I have no idea what I have to do to
get the proper result immediately.
It is a nuisance because I cannot be sure the thing worked till I have
checked the entire output after each run, which is rather time
consuming.
I’m using the latest version of TeXShop with the minimals of july 20,
but older versions show the same symptoms.
Thanks for any advice.

Robert Blackstone